What does it mean to build and inhabit places for human flourishing?
How can you be active in this sphere?
Proximity Project offers advising and consulting services to churches and faith-based enterprises wanting to find strategic ways to be involved in the bricks and mortar of their neighborhoods. Oftentimes, people do not know where to start for pursuing good development and design in their community.
To jump start you in this arena, we assist with:
- educating your community on urban design and its important role in the life of our neighborhoods;
- leading neighborhood walking tours;
- understanding neighborhood demographics;
- taking inventory of places and spaces that provide opportunity to know and strengthen your community;
- providing design guidance for creative placemaking, developing and/or locating your property;
- and connecting with local organizations, business owners, and politicians for collaborative engagement.
Contact us to talk about the services we can provide that align with your needs, resources, and vision for engaging the local built environment.
Speaking & Writing
Sara Joy Proppe integrates her faith and work by bringing her Christian perspective to bear on her education and experience in urban planning. She speaks and writes on topics including walkability, urban design, creative placemaking, identity, memory, and biblical redemption in our built environment. She hopes to educate and challenge Christians to be intentional neighbors who advocate for human dignity through good and sustainable design in their communities. See a list of prior engagements here.
If you would like to invite Sara Joy to speak at an event or contribute her writing, please connect with us.